MGMA offers a board certification for medical practice executives through the American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE). The Certified Medical Practice Executive (CMPE) is now a standard and for some a requirement for management positions. The CMPE is a validation of an individual’s knowledge of six domains:
- Operations Management
- Financial Management
- HR Management
- Risk and Compliance Management
- Organizational Governance
- Patient-Centered Care
Oklahoma Medical Group Management Association now offers a service in which members can be connected to other members who can share their experience and knowledge related to the six domains.
If you are interested in being an avenue of information for our members regarding any of the six domains please send the following information to Cindy Hughes at email@example.com:
- Name and contact information
- Domain(s) in which you would like to be listed
- Summary of your knowledge and experience with the requested domain(s)
OKMGMA will review your credentials and notify you when your information has been published for our members.
We appreciate your interest in helping OKMGMA and your willingness to share with others. Your time helping others allows us to fulfill our mission:
“To elevate the performance of medical practice leaders and their organizations by connecting members, building partnerships, setting the stands for certification, advocating for physician practice and providing innovative solution.”
Body of Knowledge:
Is a focus on building an effective business plan and managing daily operations. Operations Management mentors can help with questions regarding the following:
- Process Improvement
- Operations Budgets, Employment Law, Healthcare Rules/Regulations and Project Management
- Purchasing and Asset Management
- High-quality and Safe Environments
- Outsourced Business Services and External Expertise
- Information Technology
- Communications, Marketing and Community Relations
- Compensation Plans, Revenue Allocation Methods, Expense Allocation Methods, and Merger and Acquisition Agreements
- Physician Conduct and Performance Expectations
Is a focus on maintaining financial systems to ensure a profitable practice. Financial Management mentors can help with questions regarding the following:
- Coding and Billing Concepts, Payer Reimbursement Policies and Revenue Cycles
- Cash Flow Management
- Accounts Payable Management
- Payroll Systems Management
- Budget Management
- Audit Processes
Human Resource Management:
Is a focus on utilizing human resources to achieve and enhance organizational performance. Human Resource Management mentors can help with questions regarding the following:
- Staffing Plans
- Clinical and Nonclinical Staff Retention
- Clinical and Nonclinical Staff Training and Development
- Staff Compensation and Benefit Plans
- Staff Performance Evaluation
Is a focus on ensuring effective governance and leadership through policies and strategic direction. Organizational Governance mentors can help with questions regarding the following:
- Legal Structure and Governance
- Corporate Mission, Vision and Value Statement Implementation
Risk and Compliance Management:
Is a focus on protecting organizations form medical malpractice and adverse legal events. Risk and Compliance mentors can help with questions regarding the following:
- Risk Management
- Adverse Events
- Federal and State Laws and Regulations
- Accreditation and Licensure Requirements
Is a focus on delivering quality care focused on patient safety and efficient operations. Patient-Centered Care mentors can help with questions regarding the following:
- Care-Coordination Processes
- Quality Initiatives and Measurement Activities
Educating Oklahoma's Medical Managers
The Oklahoma Medical Group Management Association is dedicated to providing our members with educational opportunities that will promote professionalism and improve the quality of health care to the patients and communities we serve.
The future of healthcare in Oklahoma is in your hands.
As directors, practice managers, and administrators, you are constantly challenged to promote the best in medicine throughout the state.
The Oklahoma Medical Group Management Association is here to help you make that happen.
Renew now to continue your membership and support!
- Access to monthly educational opportunities
- Discounted conference fees
- Complimentary webinars
- Exclusive access to our new & improved website which includes:
- Timely news updates
- Event calendar
- Membership directory for connecting with peers
- Volunteer opportunities for professional & personal growth
- Job board for recruiting or exploring new opportunities
- Forum for sharing knowledge and solutions with peers
- Buyer’s Guide for vendor partner products and services that are often offered at a discounted rate for members
We have two different membership options available, both enjoy the same great benefits. The only difference is whether luncheons are prepaid or not.
Standard Membership - "pay as you go" for monthly luncheons
Deluxe Membership - prepaid monthly luncheons
Available only for members who actively perform duties for a physician practice or medical group.
Standard Membership - $175
Deluxe Membership - $395
Member 6 and beyond:
Standard Membership - $75
Deluxe Membership - $295
Available for members who support medical groups and healthcare organizations by providing support functions, services and or supplies.
Standard Membership - $285
Deluxe Membership - $505
Member 6 and beyond:
Standard Membership - $185
Deluxe Membership - $405
Meet our 2017 Presidents!
Kelly Nelson, CPA, CMPE
Director of Finance
Charlotte Stith, MS, CMPE, CHPS, CHIT
OSU Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Southwest Orthopaedic Specialists
ProAssurance is graciously offering two scholarships for our OKMGMA Annual Educational Conference and one scholarship for the MGMA National Educational Conference.